Menopause is the time where the ovaries stop producing hormones, oestrogens and progesterone. It occurs where the is no menstrual period for 12 months.
Menopause is the main cause of many symptoms that are associated with the absence of oestrogen production and lead to both psychological and physical changes in a woman.
The symptoms of menopause are flashiness, sweating that usually occurs at night, dry skin, gain or weight loss, bloating, fluid retention, bone density reduction, vaginal dryness, tachycardia, depression, headaches, irritability, insomnia and tiredness.
Spiroulina PLATENSIS helps in treating those symptoms as it contains the following nutrients:
- Vitamin E, which reduces stress that many women suffer from due to hormonal changes. It has antioxidant properties and contributes in flashiness reduction, night sweating, tachycardia and vaginal dryness. It also contributes in maintaining skin elasticity.
- Calcium which reduces bone weakening during menopause because of hormonal changes.
- Consumption of protein regulates calcium absorption.
- Antioxidant substances such as beta-carotene, calcium, selenium, manganese and cobalt that are associated with collagen stimulation in the bones.
- Complex B vitamins that are associated with the normal function of the digestive system.
- Ω-3 fatty acids that have a cardioprotective role and reduce in a great extent flashiness
- Iron to prevent iron deficiency anaemia.
- Magnesium and Zinc that reduce flashiness and sweating. Specifically, magnesium is a fundamental substance for the bones, necessary for calcium transportation in the organism. Zinc has an important role in normal production of the tissue in the bones.
For references see the ‘Bibliography’ page.
‘IN ANY CASE THE INFORMATION WRITTEN CANNOT REPLACE MEDICAL OR SCIENTIFIC ADVICE OR CAN BE USED FOR SELF TREATMENT. THE INFORMATION WRITTEN ABOUT THE PROPERTIES AND NUTRIENTS OF SPIRULINA ARE SCIENTIFICALLY PROVED BY STUDIES AND REFERENCES CAN BE FOUND IN THE BIBLIOGRAPHY SECTION.’