Hair is consisted of a protein called keratin which is secreted in follicles that are located in the outer shell of the dermis. It is normal for a person to lose approximately 100 hair daily. The organism produces hair continuously in order to replace the ones that it loses.
Among other factors that cause hair loss is the low iron and ferritin levels, the absence of folic acid, endocrine dysfunctions such as thyroid or the polycystic ovary syndrome, drug intake or diseases etc. Occasionally, intense hair loss appears after an extensive diet or due to insufficient intake of nutrients. Lastly, according to studies, stress is one of the most important factors that contribute to hair loss.
Spiroulina PLATENSIS contributes in hair loss treatments as it consists of all the essential bioactive nutrients:
- Protein which revitalizes hair
- Vitamin B complex that prevents hair loss and maintains healthy hair
- Vitamin E which prevents free radical formation
- Zinc that helps in the hair growth, keratin and maintains hair colour for a longer period of time
- Iron which absence causes anaemia in the organism leading to hair loss
- Calcium which helps in hair growth and makes hair stronger
It is recommended to avoid pulling your hair tightly as everyday heat, smoking and use of chemicals can be damaging for hair.
For references see the ‘Bibliography’ page.
‘IN ANY CASE THE INFORMATION WRITTEN CANNOT REPLACE MEDICAL OR SCIENTIFIC ADVICE OR CAN BE USED FOR SELF TREATMENT. THE INFORMATION WRITTEN ABOUT THE PROPERTIES AND NUTRIENTS OF SPIRULINA ARE SCIENTIFICALLY PROVED BY STUDIES AND REFERENCES CAN BE FOUND IN THE BIBLIOGRAPHY SECTION.’