A classic recipe which becomes more nutrient because of the trachana and the Spiroulina flakes!
A full meal which is the proper way to consume trachana even by those who dislike it! Spiroulina flakes contain protein and many nutrients which complete the meal!
Time required: 2 hours (the time required for fava’s boil is not included)
Calories per serving: 650,4kcal
- 10 medium size mature tomatoes
- 10 green peppers, whole
- 2 slightly cut onions
- 1 glass of tomatoe juice (250 ml)
- 1 sliced carrot
- 5 spoons of trachana
- 1 bouquet of slightly cut parsley
- ½ bouquet of peppermint
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 100g dried grapes
- Juice from 2 tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- Boil the trachana in a pot and then drain it off. Remove the inside part of the tomatoes and peppers, keep the inside of the tomatoes in a bowl.
- In a big pan blanch the onions with the olive oil and then add the carrot, the trachana and the rice for 3-4 minutes in low temperature.
- Then add the tomatoe juice and the dried grapes as well as the inside part of the tomatoes that you have earlier removed, add all the spices and gently mix all the ingredients together.
- Stuff each pepper and tomatoe up to 2/3 of it and place it in a baking pan.
- Pre warm the oven in 200 degrees, add oil in the baking pan and place the stuffed tomatoes and peppers.
- Add olive oil, the tomatoe juice and a little bit of water and let them cook for 1 hour in 180 degrees.
Products that were used in the recipe: